- The Constitution
- United States Code
- Code of Federal Regulations
- The Government Printing Office
Database: A database of government
documents, including legislative materials.
- Thomas: The site
for legislative information.
- The Federal Judiciary Homepage: Contains links to federal courts and provides
some court rules.
- Courts.Net: Provides directory information for courts across the
- State and Local Governments:
A useful set of links to state and local government information.
- Fed Law: A great starting
place for federal legal research.
- Legal Information Institute: Maintained by Cornell Law School, this site contains
case law and other research materials.
- Meta-Index of Legal Research Sites:
The title says it all.
- FindLaw: Mega-site
for state and federal legal research, this site contains opinions,
articles, directories, and other legal resources.
- ABALAWlink: A collection of legal research links,
with particularly good links to federal government resources.
- Catalaw: A massive collection of legal research
- LLRX: A magazine
about legal research and law-related technology by law librarians
- The Virtual Chase: A site maintained by Ballard, Spahr, Andrews &
Ingersoll, LLP that contains many legal research tips and