AN ABUSER CAN DISCOVER YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITIES
Links to vital information
Commission On Domestic Violence
The Corporate Alliance
to End Partner Violence
Domestic Violence Handbook
Domestic Violence Hotline Resource
Domestic Violence Organizations
Domestic Violence References
FAMILY VIOLENCE AWARENESS PAGE
FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION FUND
FEMINIST MAJORITY'S DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
FIND SHELTERS FOR BATTERED WOMEN,
WOMEN'S CRISIS SERVICES AND CHILD ABUSE TREATMENT CENTERS NEAR YOU
Domestic Violence Shelter Tour and
Family Violence Awareness
Kate's Domestic Violence Pages
Men and Domestic Violence
BROWN SIMPSON CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
ABUSE AND INCEST NATIONAL NETWORK (RAINN)
SAFETYNET DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESOURCES
SILENT WITNESS NATIONAL INITIATIVE TO ABUSE
THE ROWDY RIDGE GANG CAMP
and Women Against Domestic Violence
Sexual Harassment & Violence Against Women
Sexual Assault Information Page
Violence Against Woman Office
Woman's Rural Advocacy Programs
The On-line survival guide
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION COMMISSION
ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
BATTERED WOMEN AND THEIR CHILDREN:
REPORTS & PAPERS
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROJECT/SAFE HOUSE
LEGAL AID FOR ABUSED WOMEN FUND
NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE
NATIONAL COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC
Casa Myrna Vazquez, Inc.
- Safety Net - Valuable domestic
violence resource with links, postings, state
coalition numbers and shelter numbers!
- RAINN - The Rape, Abuse &
Incest National Network offers free, confidential
counseling 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the
- Women's Peacepower Foundation -
Makes grants to grassroots projects that are
working to impact issues of violence against
women and their children.
- Hiding In The Closet, No more!
- One of the largest online domestic violence
resources for battered women and the children who
witness domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Information Depot
- Information to educate the populace about
domestic violence, what it is and how to help.
Also includes survivor stories as they are
- The Bridge to Hope - Sexual
assault and domestic abuse agency offering crisis
intervention and follow-up services in Dunn and
Pepin Counties, Wisconsin with general resource
information and links.
- Behind Closed Doors - An
artistic multimedia collaborative project, deals
with issues of domestic violence and provides
links with local support groups.
- Domestic Violence Information -
Resources in the Cleveland Area from shelters to
- Violence Against Women Grants
Office - Assists the nation's criminal
justice system in responding to the needs and
concerns of women victimized by violence.
- YWCA - National Site. Local
services include battered women's shelters,
counseling, child care, support to victims of
rape and sexual assault, job training, sports and
- Los Angeles Commission on Assaults
Against Women - Crisis Counseling,Teen Abuse
Prevention, Women & Children's Self-Defense
materials, site provides resources locally and
- Nicole Brown Simpson Charitable
Fdn. - Pledges to educate the national
community to the dangers of family violence.
Supports programs and facilitates treatment of
both victim and aggressor.
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Please visit our calendar to see what
communities are doing to promote awareness about
sexual assault. You can also submit events going
on in your area.
- The Sounding Board Counseling
Center - A comprehensive counseling and
mental health facility specializing in domestic
violence, serving all of the United States.
- Legal Aid for Abused Women -
LAAW provides legal aid for women and men trying
to remove themselves from an abusive situation.
- Strengthen Our Sisters - A
grass-roots community-based nonprofit and shelter
in New Jersey serving homeless/battered women and
- Women's Studies Database -
Gender Issues, Violence and Women is the topic of
this page with links to resources and
- Violence Against Women in Korea
- To establish a democratic society,where all
women are free from violence and discrimination
and become active agents of social change.
- WRAP - Cottonwood County
Women's Rural Advocacy Programs, located in
southwest Minnesota, dealing with domestic
violence issues, especially ones concerning rural
- Crossroads Safehouse - Battered
women's shelter in Larimer County, CO. Provides
shelter, counselling, and support.
- Survivors of Stalking, Inc. -
Provides a national anti-stalking, advocacy,
referral, information, and resource center.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Links individuals to help in their area using a
nationwide database including detailed
information on domestic violence shelters and
- Tina Turner - Celebrity
biography site with fan mail address and basic
- Brett Butler - Celebrity
biography site with the story of her escape from
an abusive marraige and acting history.
- Canadian Crisis/Sexual Assault
Centres - Phone numbers for crisis centres,
help lines, transition houses, suicide
intervention lines, and children's protection
- Impact Self Defense - BAMM (Bay
Area Model Mugging) has been teaching padded
assailant self defense courses in the San
Francisco Bay Area since 1985.
- Pat McClendon's Clinical Social
Work - Health and mental health issues and
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Bibliography - An annotated list of books and
articles about the emotional aftershocks of rape,
incest, child abuse, street crime, and family
- Mujeres en Red - International
mobilization against violence against women.
- Sidran Foundation - A
non-profit foundation devoted to supporting
people with trauma generated disorders , and to
educating the public about them.
- Pamela Anderson Lee - Celebrity
biography site with photo gallery and movie
- La Boletina - A bi-monthly
magazine promoting communication between women.
Services - The national resource with
essential information for battered women.
- SAWNET - South Asian Women's
Network forum for those interested in South Asian
women's issues. A large section for domestic
violence issues and resourses.
- A Woman Like You - Excerpts
from a book by Vera Anderson about women victims
of domestic violence.
- Hiding In The Closet, no more!
- A site devoted to domestic violence and child
- W.I.S.E. - Women's Issues and
Social Empowerment, with extensive links and
information on domestic violence and health
issues from Melbourne, Australia.
- Feminist Mom Center of the Universe
- Women's Issues including Breastfeeding,
Motherhood, Birth Control, Tubal Sterilization,
Violence against Women, and more.
- The American Women's Self Defense
Assn. - Dedicated to furthering women's
awareness of self defense and rape prevention.
- Recovery and Abuse Prevention Site
- Abuse Prevention, Progressive Parenting, and
- Shelby County Domestic Violence
Council - Promotes effective prevention,
intervention and treatment in the Tennessee area.
Links to committees and organizations dedicated
to victim's services.
- Karra's Korner - Site offers
links to lots of information about ritual abuse
- Let's Wrap - The Women's Rural
Advocacy Programs quarterly newletter with links
to individual program homepages, with more
information, statistics, and links about domestic
- New Beginnings - A unique program that provides
a total package of Programs and Services sought and needed by victims
of Domestic Violence, based in Texas.
- KASAP - Kentucky Association of
Sexual Assault Programs, Inc. is the statewide
coalition of the 13 rape crisis centers in the
- Someday I'll be Saturday Night
- A site for survivors of child abuse.
- New Mexico Coalition Against
Domestic Violence - Comprehensive information
about resources available in New Mexico,
educational material, and links to many other
- MoonAura's Survivor Page - This
site is a tribute to a healing journey. It
includes thoughts, stories, poems and links for
- Psyche's Garden - Aromatherapy
for adult survivors of child abuse, incest, and
- Domestic Violence and My Kids -
Information and links created by a woman in
memory of her kids, killed as a result of DV.
- Vancouver Rape Relief and Shelter
- Opened in 1973 by two women, has grown into a
volunteer feminist collective to end violence
against women. Site lists resources, contact info
& current issues.
- Pee Dee Coalition - Coalition
Against Domestic And Sexual Assault, The Rape
Crisis and Family Violence Center, serving the
Pee Dee Area in South Carolina.
Treatment Center - Non-profit organization
dedicated to preventing sexual abuse. Incest and
child molest victim treatment.
- Center for the Prevention of Sexual
and Domestic Violence - An interreligious
ministry addressing issues of sexual and domestic
violence. Educational materials are available.
- New Hope for Women - Domestic
violence shelter/center located in Rockland,
Maine. Contains information on the center and its
Violence Prevention Services - Women's
therapy group meets to increase women's
understanding of violence between partners and to
provide them with strategies .
- Women Against Violence Europe is a Network of
NGOs combatting violence against women. The site
includes a database of addresses of European
organizations working in this field.
- Protect, Inc. Self Defense -
Protect offers pepper sprays for sale, and also
produce self-protection workshops for women:
contact them to schedule a workshop for your
- Trauma, Recovery & Empowerment
Services - Creative Discoveries offers
therapy for adults and children, (using verbal
and creative therapies).
- Breaking the Silence - Women
speak out on sexual violence.
- Domestic Violence & The GLBT
- Links and resources to same sex domestic
- Battered Women's Justice Center
- The first university-based center in the United
States dedicated to training lawyers to handle
battered women's cases.
- Red Flag Green Flag -
Specialists in the prevention and treatment of
child sexual abuse, sexual assault, incest and
- Art of Healing - A gallery of
powerful paintings created by Linda Ness as an
expression of the process of healing from sexual
- Communities Against Violence Network Addressing
Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking,
Violence Against Women
- CSVR Trauma Clinic - Centre for
the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, a
counselling service for people who are
traumatised as a result of various forms of
violence with links to resources.
- CASA - Court Appointed Special
Advocates - This page provides information on
trained volunteers who speak up for the best
interests of abused and neglected children in
- Battered Women Toll-free Hotlines
- A listing of many states' toll-free hotlines
offering advice and assistance to battered women.
- Intentional Infliction - Texas
lawyer and author Wolf Puckett responds with a
courtroom novel where a husband's common abuse
degenerates into the bizarre.
- Abuse of the Disabled - Women
with disabilities are speaking out against
violence and making it an important agenda item.
- Family Violence Prevention Fund
- A national non-profit organization that focuses
on domestic violence education, prevention and
- No Safe Place - Article by
Phyllis Chesler on sexual violence of women in
- Assault Prevention Page -
Information about violence prevention, self
defense, martial arts, and violence in our